Monday, October 24, 2011

Don't Be Shocked.....

Don't be shocked......I know it's been forever since I posted anything on here. But, I must show you my two adorable spooks in their Halloween Costumes:


At the end of Halloween last year, we bought Annalise an adorable witch costume. Sadly, she didn't want to have anything to do with it. She went through our costume box and fell in love with the Devil....I mean, the devil costume that was once worn by Lauren. She's a darn cute devil if you ask me!

Lauren Elizabeth has been a bit trickier to figure out. She is finally 14 and can go to our church dances. Well, this past Saturday they had a Halloween costume dance. When you look at the store for costumes for teens, sadly they have plunging necklines and are super short. So, what did we do, we went to Pinterest and searched for just the right costume. We found it! We made a Diction Fairy costume for Lauren Elizabeth. Why is this so perfect for Lauren Elizabeth? She loves words, she loves to read, she just loves it all! Hence Perfect! Anyway, we found the idea HERE, so if you want to make your own Diction Fairy, you can find all the nitty gritty details there. Anyway, we added just a few things to the costume. We put 3 paper flowers on the right of the tutu, made a paper flower hair clip, and made her wand absolutely adorable. Are you waiting with anticipation to see her cute costume?? Here you go......


My two adorable girls! I sure love them!

3 comments:

Jewelle said...

Oh my what cuties in their costumes! I love Lauren's, and how creative it is!

Lilliedale said...

Yay! I hope to see a whole army of book fairies this year! I hope the tutu tutorial worked out well for you. I'd love to include a pic of your daughter's costume in a post I'm doing with a few other book fairies, if you don't mind of course. ~Merrilee

Carrie said...

ADORABLE! I really can't believe how grown up they are..add 2 cute costumes and you have my amazed;)